Director of Agritech Adoption, Integrated Markets
The Director of Agritech Adoption, Integrated Markets is a key member of the Integrated Marketplace Office (IMO) within Innovate BC and reports to the Managing Director, Integrated Markets Solutions. The position works closely with other members of the IMO, other teams within Innovate BC, provincial government ministries, and the BC agricultural ecosystem and stakeholders at large.
Compensation: $95,000 to $115,000 per annum plus benefits
Location: Vancouver or Victoria
Employment Type: 18 month contract
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a high-performing director to lead the delivery of Innovate BC’s Integrated Marketplace Initiative (IMI) agriculturally focused programming. The role will be responsible for managing and ensuring effective completion of program deliverables, including supporting proposal development by proponents, leading program intake, adjudication, contracting and ongoing disbursement oversight, program data analysis and reporting requirements, recommending program process improvements, liaising with stakeholders, and supporting other IMO programs as needed.
The ideal candidate will have a background in agriculture, with a balance of technical and business acumen, including familiarity with the BC agricultural ecosystem. The candidate should also have experience administering and operating funding programs, managing complex projects, and working with diverse stakeholders. Familiarity with Innovate BC, the Integrated Marketplace program, the province’s agricultural and innovation policy and program objectives, and other funding programs is an asset.
- Oversee IMI agritech and agriculture program delivery including administration, data collection and reporting in alignment with established program terms and conditions.
- Lead IMI agritech and agriculture program intake, adjudication, contracting and ongoing project management related to program delivery.
- Coordinate and lead planning, engagement and materials development in collaboration with program funders and key stakeholders.
- Support the development of internal and external communications materials related to IMI agriculture programming.
- Provide support to the IMO team with proposals and supporting materials.
- Gather and analyze data, produce reports, share insights, and provide recommendations to support overall IMI program delivery.
- Develop and foster relationships with key stakeholders in government and industry.
- Attend and represent Innovate BC and the IMI at industry events
- Continuously stay informed about new programs and initiatives (provincial, federal, etc.) relevant to the Integrated Marketplace, specifically targeting agriculture.
- Post-secondary degree in science, business administration, social sciences, or related discipline OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working in a funding program or an area related to technology innovation and deployment may be considered an asset.
- A minimum of five years of related experience in program delivery ideally demonstrating progressive responsibility.
- Sound understanding of contract development and negotiations and management, as well as program planning and reporting,
- Analytical and administrative skills, and experience with developing internal and external communications materials.
- Experience working with CRM systems and project management tools.
- Ability to direct and manage multiple activities while maintaining attention to detail and making appropriate decisions regarding the progress of projects.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships with peers, clients, funding providers, and other internal and external stakeholders.
About Innovate BC
A Crown Agency of British Columbia, Innovate BC works to foster innovation across the province and bolster the growth of the local economy through delivering a wide range of programs that help companies start and scale, access talent and encourage technology development, commercialization, and adoption. Innovate BC also harnesses crucial data collection and research, and works to forge strategic industry and community partnerships that create more opportunities for B.C. innovators.
Innovate BC offers a collaborative and inclusive work environment as well as professional development opportunities.
E-mail your resume and cover letter in one PDF (file name = FName LName) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Director of Agritech Adoption, Integrated Markets”.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
DEADLINE: November 10, 2023
Innovate BC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and proudly maintains an organizational culture of inclusion, respect and understanding. In our work to create a thriving and more diverse innovation ecosystem within British Columbia, we know that our efforts only benefit from the vibrant diversity of backgrounds, identities, and characteristics that are reflected across our team and partners. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Your application may contain personal information, which Innovate BC is collecting for the purpose of recruiting a successful candidate for this position and is authorized to do so under the Freedom of Information Act 26(c). If you have any questions about the collection of your personal information, please contact email@example.com