This is a fun, dynamic opportunity to broaden your experience in marketing, corporate communications, events management media relations and more, while also gaining exposure to the thriving tech and innovation communities in B.C.
Compensation: $50,000 to $60,000 per annum
Reporting to: Communications + Community Manager
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Employment Type: Contract (18-month term with possible extension); hybrid work arrangement
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic Communications Coordinator to join and support our dynamic Marketing + Communications team. The Coordinator will play a crucial role in our organization's success, developing and executing communications plans, as well creating and disseminating engaging content that aligns with our brand identity, values, and objectives. The successful candidate will research, write, and publish content, in collaboration with other team members, to engage internal and external audiences on the issues, opportunities, and everyday successes happening in B.C.’s innovation ecosystem.
This is a fun, dynamic opportunity to broaden your experience in marketing, corporate communications, events management, media relations and more, while also gaining exposure to the thriving tech and innovation communities in B.C.
Duties + Responsibilities
- Create captivating content for various platforms, including blogs, newsletters, press releases, presentations, social media and website
- Work closely with programs department to help identify marketing and communications opportunities
- Support monthly e-newsletter campaigns and ad-hoc e-blasts
- Support with survey creation and dissemination
- Support with website updates
- Manage Innovate BC’s job board
- Post Innovate BC job opportunities to the website, Indeed, LinkedIn
- Supporting the rest of the Marketing + Communications team as required
- Degree or diploma in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or a related field
- Proven experience in communications, PR, or marketing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and flexible personality with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Proficiency in MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, flexible and a collaborative team member
- Team player with a willingness to help others
- Experience and interest in the tech sector considered an asset
- Experience with Mac OS considered an asset
- Proficiency in social media management an asset
About Innovate BC
A Crown Agency of British Columbia, Innovate BC works to foster innovation across the province and bolster the growth of the local economy through delivering a wide range of programs that help companies start and scale, access talent and encourage technology development, commercialization, and adoption. Innovate BC also harnesses crucial data collection and research, and works to forge strategic industry and community partnerships that create more opportunities for B.C. innovators.
Innovate BC offers a collaborative and inclusive work environment as well as professional development opportunities.
E-mail your resume and cover letter in one PDF (file name = FName LName) to email@example.com with the subject line “Communications Coordinator”.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Innovate BC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and proudly maintains an organizational culture of inclusion, respect and understanding. In our work to create a thriving and more diverse innovation ecosystem within British Columbia, we know that our efforts only benefit from the vibrant diversity of backgrounds, identities, and characteristics that are reflected across our team and partners. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Your application may contain personal information, which Innovate BC is collecting for the purpose of recruiting a successful candidate for this position and is authorized to do so under the Freedom of Information Act 26(c). If you have any questions about the collection of your personal information, please contact